Getting ready for the future
Career Access provides students with an opportunity to develop employment skills while achieving their High School Graduation Diploma.
Students may enter the Career Access program at any grade level. The Career Access Program is primarily designed for students who are going to enter the work force after graduation. The students wishing to pursue their high school education through Career Access will:
• make application to enter the program, participate with their parents/guardians in an interview process
• be at least sixteen years of age
• attend school two days each week and spend the three remaining days in a work setting
• while in the work place, assume the same responsibilities as their co-workers
• attend work experience on the days specified during school hours
• be monitored closely by the work experience coordinating teacher
• attend all scheduled classes while in school
• complete all assigned school work
• display a positive attitude in school and at the workplace. While on work experience, students are covered by a blanket insurance policy through the Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education.
For more information, contact Mr. Jennings at email@example.com