Horton High School – Scent-Free
Due to the health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, Horton High School requires a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
Before the holiday break, Horton administration visited each classroom to review this concern. Initially there was an improvement, but recently old habits have returned. Please do not wear scented products to school.
Some products of concern include:
- shampoo and conditioners (long-lasting scented ones are bad; worse when hair is wet)
- hairsprays/other styling products
- deodorants (axe/old spice types tend to be worse)
- colognes and aftershaves
- fragrances and perfumes
- lotions and creams (there are plenty of great unscented options for dry hands)
- industrial and household cleaners
- soaps,detergents,fabric softeners – Downy Unstoppables (scent balls) are one of the worst offenders
- air fresheners and deodorizers
- candles (scent sticks to you and you carry it around)