We would like to invite the Horton community to our in-person parent orientation scheduled for Wednesday September 21st. This is an opportunity to put a face with a name. This is not a one-on-one Parent-Teacher opportunity, but a general review of the class and assessment plans. Join Horton Administration for coffee and snacks at 6:00 PM before we begin at 6:15 PM in the performance center.
Targets for Horton Teacher Orientation:
- To put a face to a name is the main goal and the meetings are just 10 minutes.
- Discuss communication and assessment plans (how to reach out)
- A typical day in class
- Review how the parent can support the student
- Review how a student can support themselves
- How the teacher can support a struggling student
- Review the importance of C-O-P and professional judgments (more details at the meeting!)
Meet the teacher is not intended as:
- The time to review curriculum or topics
- Individual discussions with parents
Please bring a picture or a copy of your students timetable so that you are able to follow their schedule. Horton will provide a quick reference room list, maps and many Student Council volunteers will be present that evening to help navigate the building.
This is our planned schedule for the evening
|Horton Parent Orientation||Wednesday September 21st|
|6:15||6:45||Performance Center||Meeting Administration|
|7:00||7:10||Day 1 – Period 1|
|7:15||7:25||Day 1 – Period 2|
|7:30||7:40||Day 1 – Period 3|
|7:45||7:55||Day 1 – Period 4|
|8:00||8:10||Day 2 – Period 1||Grade 9 Parents – Continue with this schedule to see any new teachers . If you don’t wish to see Math, Science, or English teachers twice, stop by the conference room to explore the Parent Portal.
Grade 10, 11, 12 parents – continue with this schedule for any classes that run year-long. You will have no new teachers to see if your student’s classes are all semester-long classes
If you have no new teachers to see, feel free to visit the Admin team in the conference room to explore the Parent Portal
|8:15||8:25||Day 2 – Period 2|
|8:30||8:40||Day 2 – Period 3|
|8:45||8:55||Day 2 – Period 4|